Friday, November 20, 2009

Tomorrow...

Tomorrow is Saturday (yes, I know the days of the week).

It happens to be Saturday the 21st (I know numbers, too).

It also happens to be Saturday the 21st of November (I know months as well).

And this means only one thing ...

it's BLACK BELT TESTING!!

Yes, I do karate.

Yes, I'm one of the people testing tomorrow for their black belt.

No, I'm not joking.

Am I nervous? Yes!

Worried? Yes!

Scared? Yes!

Excited? Yes!

I've only been training for this day for the past year ... nothing big

Only been counting the months, weeks, and days.

Only been fretting about it for the last two weeks.

There's one downfall to being a black belt though, and I'll tell you what that is. In sparring, which is fighting for those who don't know karate lingo, if you hit the black belt, it's the black belts fault (they should be good enough to not get hit), and if the black belt hits you, it's the black belts fault (because .. not sure why... but it just is). Which is wonderful!... until you're a black belt ...

So now everything will be my fault! That's the only downfall.

So wish me luck!

1 comment:

  1. You crack me up. Just like your Dad. Beth may have gotten the music gene, but you got the writing gene.

    And it is the black belt's fault cause they should have enough control and be good enough to NOT inflict harm when sparring.

    ReplyDelete