Thursday, May 28, 2009

Do Hard Things

I finished a book today. A really good book. It's called "Do Hard Things: A Teenage Rebellion Against Low Expectations" written by Alex and Brett Harris.

the back cover reads:

Most people don't expect you to understand what we're going to tell you in this book.
And even if you understand, they don't expect you to care.
And even if you care they don't expect you to do anything about it
And even if you do something about it, they don't expect it to last.
WE DO.

It's about how the world expects little from teenagers, and teenagers expect the same from themselves, when really teenagers can do hard things. There are a lot of stories from real teens and how they did hard things.

I definitely recommend this book to every tween/teen, it's a great read.

1 comment:

  1. I had to do a REALLY hard thing just yesterday. On Wednesday Mom's dola client called and I had to watch Luthien. she did good till night time. But at night it got so hard to get her to go to sleep that I started crying! Then the next day I had to take her to Dress Rehearsal and watch her till it was about time to dance. I didn't think I could do it but I did. (if you want the rest of the story IM me)
    Nice background!

    ReplyDelete